COPYRIGHT 2020 © PRESERVATION ALLIANCE OF LAFAYETTE
Work to encourage the preservation of our historic architecture and maintain attractive historic neighborhoods.
Assist historic property owners with restoration, rehabilitation and adaptive re-use, using US National Park Service Historic Preservation Guidelines
Promote historic and cultural preservation within the Lafayette community, increasing citizen awareness, appreciation, and participation.
1. Serve as a community historic preservation resource center
2. Work as a public voice in the time of preservation “crisis”
3 .Work with individuals and groups to spearhead neighborhood preservation issues
4. Sponsor fundraising activities to preserve targeted local historic districts and properties
5. Take responsibility for public education on preservation issues through the use of published articles, tours and promotional activities
6. Monitor local government and private development actions that affect cultural and historic resources