COPYRIGHT 2020 © PRESERVATION ALLIANCE OF LAFAYETTE
This house was built by Mr. Oneziphore Comeaux as his family residence, and it remained in the Comeaux family until 1952. The house is currently a Bed & Breakfast called “T’Frere’s House Bed and Breakfast” or “A La Maison de T’Frere”. Mr. Oneziphore Comeaux was the youngest of seven children. For that reason, he was nicknamed “Petit Frere”, which is French for “little brother”. Some people have reported this house to be haunted, noting unusual, but friendly “happenings” throughout the house. These happenings have been not only reported by owners, but have also been substantiated by many visitors.