This house is named for local carpenter, Louis Bazin, who in 1898 moved an older Acadian style structure to this property within McComb Addition Subdivision, in the same year that the subdivision was developed. Mr. Bazin added several rooms to the Acadian structure, giving the house its present Eastlake Victorian look. The house is a good example of a common style conversion made by many in the Acadiana area when the popularity of Victorian architecture became widespread. In the late 1960s, residential streets were reconstructed into a major arterial roadway, and many homes facing the new roadway fell into disrepair. After several changes in ownership, Daniel Peck and Richard Arlen Keaveney rehabilitated the structure and adapted the building into commercial use as professional office space. It became the office of Edward J. Milligan, Jr. Ltd. The building remains in the Milligan Family, today. Edward Milligan, Jr. worked as a Lafayette Parish Public Defender, and private legal counsel for Louisiana Entertainment Hall of Fame. He was also a member of the United States Air Force where he proudly served his country during the Vietnam War. He was involved in many civic and fraternal organizations throughout the years including, Knights of Columbus Council 7568, American Legion Post 0069, USL Quarterback Club, former member of the Lafayette Jaycees, Krewe of Renaissance serving as Duke of Milan, Krewe of Bonaparte, and Theta Xi Fraternity.