Joseph Buller House

Joseph Buller House

Built Circa 1807
300 Fisher Road
Lafayette Historic Register Number 063
Designated June 16, 2005

The Joseph Buller House was built at Prairie Ronde near Ville Platte, Louisiana, on land acquired by the Buller Family “by right of settlement and occupancy”. The style of the house is typical for small cottages in rural South Louisiana. It is believed to have once been a single room cottage with large galleries in front and back. The rear flanking bedrooms would have been added later as needed and when resources became available. The later bedrooms would have been added as “cabinets” on the rear porch. The rear central porch is designed for comfort in warm weather by funneling airflow through the structure. The Bullers owned the house from the time of its construction until the late 1970s. It was moved by its new owner, Dr. Roy Boucvalt, to New Iberia to serve as a bed and breakfast until 1988, when it was donated to Vermilionville Historic Village.

No Comments

Post A Comment